COMPUTER HARDWARE & SOFTWARE
Computer hardware is generally used to describe all the electronic and mechanical elements of a computer system. It includes the physical equipment in a computer system e.g. cable, mother board, the processor, monitor, speaker etc.
In otherwords, hardware is all the physical parts of a computer system that can be seen, felt and touched. However, the hardware components of a computer system comprises of:
- Input unit: scanner, keyboard, mouse
- Output unit: printer, speaker, monitor
- Processing unit: telephone, CPU
- Storage unit: flash drive, Memory card, diskette etc.
Computer software is simply the program or a complete set of instructions the computer needs before it can function or perform any required task.
It is generally use as name for all computer programs. The software consist of programs which are instructions that direct the computer on what to do and how to do it.it is the life wire of a computer,without the software, the computer system is not useful.
Examples of software are: Games, Lotus I, II, III, Microsoft word, word perfect, word star, Note pad, Word pad, Microsoft excel, Acess. Etc.
- Define hardware and software?
- Differentiate between the hardware and the software?
- State examples of hardware and software you know?
- List the two types of software that you were taught?
GO TO THE PC AND IDENTIFY AT LEAST 10 HARDWARE DEVICES THAT CAN BE FOUND ON EVERY COMPUTER SYSTEM.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other eLearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate