Computer and computer applications are used in various aspects of human activity. In fact, most professions have application software written specifically for them to solve certain tasks. Architects have the AUTOCAD software that aid in the design of building and other structures.
SMALL SCALE APPLICATION OF COMPUTER IN THE SOCIETY
- Digital Wrist watches replacing clock.
- Word Processing replacing manual typewriting.
- Automatic door locks replacing manual locks.
- Automatic Gates in houses replacing manual gates.
- Automatic traffic control system replacing human traffic wardens.
- Computer Desktop Publishing in printing presses to reduce pre-press processes.
- CAT – Scan replacing X – Ray.
- Computer aided graphic designing replacing manual drawings.
- Computer aided architectural designs replacing manual drawings.
- Computer aided animation in the entertainment and TV broadcasting.
- Video Projection for presentation replacing manual papers.
- Digital and Video phones replacing analogue telephones.
LARGE SCALE APPLICATIONS OF COMPUTER OF THE SOCIETY
- Auto pilot used in airplanes.
- Satellite communications like CNN, Weather Forecasting, TV Broadcasting.
- Office Automation like Word Processing Electronic mail, Internet.
- Space Shuttle
- Robotics in engineering.
- Automatic Teller Machine used to withdraw money.
- Global electronic air ticketing system.
- Global Telephone and GSM Communication.
- Oil Exploration and Drilling Operations.
- Computer Chips Manufacturing firms.
Strategies & Activities
Step: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step 2: Teacher introduces the new topic.
Step3: Teacher endeavors to explain all the points to the pupils thoroughly.
Step 4: Teacher welcomes pupils’ questions.
Step 5: Teacher evaluates the pupils.
Assessment & Evaluation
- Mention small scale application of computer in the society;
- Mention large scale application of computer in the society.
Summary: Teacher goes over the topic once again to enhance better understanding.