In our traditional settings, we have leaders like:
- Obå – Yorubå
- Sårki – Håuså
- Eze – Igbo
- Onogie – Ishån
- Etsu – Nupe
- Ohinoyi – Ebirå
There are other chiefs who support the community heads.
Roles of community leaders
- Our community leaders settle disputes.
- They promote peace at all times.
- They regularly organize community work.
- They make sure the community is safe for people living in it.
Qualities of community leaders
Our leaders must be:
- Brave, and
How we appreciate community leaders and others who do well in the community
- We give those awards, prizes, and gifts.
- We pay them special visits. For example, some pupils from your school could be selected to visit å good local government chairperson.
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic.
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Community leaders ”
Step III: Teacher explains the roles of community leaders
Step IV: Teacher explains the qualities of community leaders
Step V: Pupils make relevant contributions
- Name three community leaders you know.
- Mention three roles of community leaders.
- Mention four qualities of community leaders.
- State two ways in which we can reward our community leaders.