The need for Civic Education
Civic education helps us to:
- Understand our rights; it helps us to know what to expect from the government.
- Understand our responsibilities; it helps us to understand what we should do for our country.
- Know how to practice democracy properly.
- Learn more about how our government works; it helps us to learn how our leaders rule the country
The importance of civic education to national development
- Civic education teaches us how to cooperate with one another, even if we practice different religions, and belong to different ethnic groups.
- It teaches us how we can make our society better
- It teaches that we should pay our taxes, and it shows us why we should do so.
- It teaches us to obey rules and regulations.
- It helps us to understand what the government is doing to protect us.
- Civic education teaches us how we can become better citizens of our country
- It helps us to ask questions on what government is doing for us as citizens.
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Civic Education”
Step III: Teacher explains the meaning of Civic Education
Step IV: Teacher explains the reason we study Civic Education
Step V: Pupils copy the note and submit for marking
- Define Civic Education
- State two reasons for studying Civic Education
- List three importance of Civic Education.
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate