MEANING OF SAFETY
Safety is the state of being safe, the condition of being protected from harm and other non-desirable outcomes. Safety means keeping yourself and other from harm and danger.
MEANING OF ACCIDENT
An accident is an unplanned event that sometimes has inconvenient or undesirable consequences. An accident is something harmful and takes pl ace suddenly and unexpectedly. IT may result in simple injuries to the body like bruise and cuts. But may also result in major complication like broken bones with heavy bleeding, failure to breathe, unconsciousness or even death.
ACCIDENT AT HOME AND SCHOOL
- Falling into fire (fireplace or stove) will cause burns
- Spilling hot liquids and food (saucepan being pulled over)cause scalds
- Touching electric wires causes shock, breathing stops, heart stops.-death
- Sharp instruments cause cuts
- Swallowing poison drugs, kerosene, rat poison etc can cause death.
- Falling from trees can cause broken bones and cuts.
- Dogs can carry rubies
- Stings can cause pain
ACCIDEMTS ON THE ROAD
- Motor vehicles can cause serious injury and death
- Bicycles can cause broken bones, cuts and death
WAYS WE CAN PREVENT ACCIDENT
- AT HOME
- Keep away from fire
- Keep cooking pots and hot food away from children
- Keep away loose electric wires and plugs
- Keep away from electrical wires, plugs, sockets or switches when you are wet. Electricity can be conducted through water.
- Use knives with great care
- Make sure the broken bottles are cleared from where people walk or play
- Put empty bottles in a safe place
- Climbing trees are very dangerous and keep away from dogs
IN THE SCHOOL
- Do not play on water logged football field
- Keep school compound clean and tidy always
- All electrical connections in the laboratory should be done under the supervision of the science teacher.
Eye shield of goggles
Road signs or zebra crossing
STRATEGIES AND ACTIVITIES
The Teacher revises the previous week lesson.
The Teacher introduces the new topic.
The Teacher explains the note in details.
The Teacher gives room for pupils to ask questions.
The Teacher evaluates the pupils.
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
1 .Define accident
- State the causes of accident
- Mention some ways we can prevent accident
- List some safety devices
- Define safety and accident
- List three objects that cause accident at home and school
- State 3 causes of accident at home and school.
Do You Like Our Lesson? Please Leave A Comment Below ↓