Categorizes refer to different classes (or groups) we can put different drugs. Drugs can be divided into the following groups or categories:
These are drugs that are not common but which we can use if prescribed (given to us) by a doctor. The drug seller will not sell such drugs if the buyer does not present the prescription form (the card or paper where doctor wrote the drug). Examples of legal drugs are Valium 5 and Augmentin.
2 Socially acceptance drugs
These are drugs that are well known by people, and that are sold at drug stores or given by doctors in the hospital. They are sold without a doctor’s prescription. They are not harmful and can be used to cure illness like pains and aches. They include Paracetamol/Ampicilin and cough syrups.
3 Illegal drugs
These are drugs that are considered harmful to the body and banned. The law prevents people from using them. Anybody found with such drugs would be arrested. Examples include heroin, marijuana, Indian hemp and cocaine.
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic ” The categories of drugs”
Step III: Teacher explains the different categories of drugs
Step IV: Teacher explains further with relevant examples
Step V: Pupils contribute and ask questions
- Drugs that are not common but are allowed to be used if prescribed by a doctor are _______________________ drugs. A legal B socially acceptance C illegal
- Drugs that are well known by people and sold at drug stores are __________________________. A legal drugs B socially acceptable drugs C illegal drugs
- Drugs that are considered harmful and banned by law are _______________. A illegal drugs B legal drugs C socially acceptable drugs
- An example of socially acceptable drugs is _________________.
- List three examples of illegal drugs