Bill is a paper containing the amount of the good or services render. It is to customers/guest after services are rendered in a restaurant, hotel, etc. When a bill is being requested for by a guest, the waiter collects it from the cashier and check if the items entered are well calculated before giving it to the guest using a side plate or a bill folder.
- Bill as check
- Separate Bill method
- No charge
- Deferred/Account billing
- Bill with order
- Explain billing
- Mention 7 billing methods
- BILL AS CHECK: This method is used in some restaurants small hotels and cafeteria; when a customer request for the bill, the waiter or cashier checks to know if everything has been entered on the duplicate copy of the food and drink check and the bill is being totaled and presented to the customer. The customer may pay at the cash desk on his/her way out or possibly may pay directly to the waiter who will den gives change if need be. The cashier usually keeps a copy of the bill on payment and the customer gets a receipt and a copy of the bill if requested.
- SEPARATE BILL METHOD: This billing method is often done in conjunction with the duplicate or triplicate checking system. When the customer request for the bill, the waiter collects it from the cashier who first checked that all items are entered and priced correctly and it is summed up! It is then made on a second copy paper; the top copy of the bill is presented to the customer on a side plate or bill folder. After payment by the customer, the waiter returns the bill and cash paid to the cashier who will stamp paid on the bill and den returns the top copy plus any change to the customer; the second copy of the bill is retained with the cashier to submit along with sale summary to the Food and Beverage Control Department.
- PREPAID: In this method, ticket is purchased in advanced either for specific meals or event e.g., when there is a festival or show in which ticket is bought at a fixed price and meals will also be served alongside.
- NO CHARGE: In this billing method, the customer or guest is not charged for receiving the goods or services bought/rendered. The guest is asked to sign the bill as acceptance of services received and the bill is sent to the firm, house or company supplying the hospitality.
- DEFFERRED/ACCOUNT BILLING: The payment for the services rendered is paid after the function or event has taken place. The bill for the total service provided is then sent after the event to the organizing person or company for payment.
- VOUCHER: This method involves issuing of a credit card by a third party which is then exchanged for food and beverages. If the individual consumes below the amount in the credit card, the balance is returned to the customer but if he/she consumes above the money in the credit card issued, the customer is expected to pay up the balance.
- BILL AS CHECK: The bill acts as the order and as the bill; thus, receipt or itemized bill can be printed out for the customer if requested.
- Explain briefly the billing method
- Define costing
- Mention the element of costing
- Mention four specialty menus
- Mention and explain housekeeping personnel.
Reading Assignment: Read more on billing (catering craft practice for ss3 pages 71-73 by Aminu Bariki).
WEEKEND ASSIGNMENT (SECTION A)
- The following are example of method except A. bill a check B. voucher C. no charge D. over head cost.
- The billing method that involves the customer being issued credit by a third party is called A. no charge B. voucher C. separate bill D. prepaid.
- _______ acts as a bill and also as an order A. Prepaid B. bill a check C. prepaid D. bill with order.
- Deferred billing is also called A. voucher B. prepaid C. non charge D. account
- __________ bill I usually run in conjunction with the duplicate or triplicate checking system. a) bill as check B. prepaid C. separate bill D. none of the above.
- Explain the various billing method
- Explain billing.
- bill preparation
- bill preparation online
- bill preparation process
- bill preparation format
- bill preparation in excel
- bill preparation in bims
- bill preparation in k2
- preparation bill of quantities
- salary bill preparation
- retail bill preparation in python
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate