Benefits of Contact Sports
- Contact Sports help to develop the spirit of sportsmanship.
- They help to inculcate in individual importance of cooperation.
- They encourage team spirit.
- They help an individual to execute skills learnt.
- They help to develop physical fitness.
- They increase strength and endurance.
- They improve self – image.
- They decrease the risk of obesity.
- They help in cardiovascular conditioning.
- They help players improve their performance and skills through practice and hard work.
Benefits of Non – Contact
- Non – Contact Sports serve as means of livelihood.
- They help to develop skills.
- They develop personality and social traits.
- They are for recreation and relaxation.
- They improve body posture.
- They develop courage.
- State the benefits of contact and non – contact sports.
- Mention the components of physical fitness that are beneficial to the body.
- Exercise helps to keep the body ______ A. fit B. healthy C. rounded D. vigorous.
- Regular exercise helps the body to ______ A. gain enough weight B. gain weight C. keep fit
- lose excess weight.
- All these are benefits of physical education on human heart except ______ A. creating greater volume of the heart B. increasing the size of the heart C. increasing weight of the heart
- reducing the size of the heart.
- The benefits of contact sports include the following except ______ A. fosters unity and cohesion B. promotes teamwork C. promotes socialization D. promotes winner takes all.
- The benefits of non – contact sports include the following except ______ A. sense of responsibility B. creativity is enhanced C. promotes high level of concentration D. victories are shared.
- List five benefits of contact sports.
- List five benefits of non – contact sports.