The home keys for the left hand fingers are A,S,D and F while the home keys for the right hand fingers are J, K, L and ;(semi-colon). Fingers should be rightly placed on the home row keys.
SHORTCUT KEYS ABCs
Shortcut keys are commonly accessed by using Alt, Command key, Ctrl or Shift in conjunction with a single letter. Shortcut keys help to provide an easier and quicker method of navigating and using computer software programs.
Some of the basic PC shortcut keys are:
Shortcut Keys Description
Alt + F File menu options in current program
Alt + E Edit options in current program
Ctrl + N Open new document
Ctrl + S Save
Ctrl + A Select all
Ctrl + X Cut selected item
Ctrl + V Paste
Shift + End Highlight from current position to end of line.
Shift + Home Highlight from current position to beginning of line.
Home Go to beginning of current line.
Ctrl + Home Go to the beginning of document.
Ctrl +End Go to the end of document
Function keys are normally labeled F1 to F12. Twelve function keys are aligned along the top of the keyboard. These are special keys on the keyboard that have different meanings depending on which program is running
- Tab key: A key on the computer keyboard that moves the insertion point to the next tab stop.
- Caps Lock: When activated this causes all subsequent alphabetic characters to be uppercase.
- Shift key: On the computer, this key gives the other keys an alternate meaning. When combined with alphabetic keys, this makes the system output a capital letter. But when combined with other keys, it produces program-dependent results.
- Control key: The control key when pressed down with another charactercan have different meaning on which program that is running
- Alt key: This can also be used in the same fashion as the Control key
- Enter Key or Return key : This moves the cursor or the insertion point to the beginning of the next line
- Delete: It deletes the character under the cursor or to the right of the cursor.
- Backspace key: This moves the cursor backward one character space and it also delete the character to the left of the cursor
- Home & End
- Name ten basic service keys and write a brief note on each.
- Who is a producer?
- Who is a consumer?
- State the types of consumer you know.
- State the channels of distribution.
- Who is retailer?.
- The shortcut key Ctrl + V means ____ selected item A. cut save C. paste D. copy.
- The key home when pressed means ___A. go to the end of document go to beginning of document C. go to the beginning of current line D. go to the end of the current line.
- Which of the following means highlight from current position to end of the line? Ctrl + End B. Shift +Home C.Shift +End D. End
- Which of the following keys when combined with alphabet keys outputs capital letters? Ctrl B. Home C. Shift D. End.
- _____ moves the cursor to the beginning of the next line Backspace key B. Return key C. Arrow key D. Delete key
- Mention five service keys and describe their use each