Electricity is a form of energy that can give things the ability to move and work. Electricity makes the following to do work or move: bulbs, toys, machines, cars, television etc.
CONDUCTOR AND NON CONDUCTOR
Conductors are materials that allow energy to flow through them. For example, wire, iron, pin, spoon, etc. They are called electric conductors
Non conductors are materials that do not allow energy to flow through them. For example, paper, broom, thread cloth etc.
MEANING AND COMPONENTS OF ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS
Electric circuit contains three (3) components:
2, Electric conductor-wire
- Resistor-the switch (on/off)
USES OF ELECTRICITY
- Heating and cooling water
- Water heater
- Washer and dryer
- Electric oven
- Decoration-Christmas light
- Operating all our home appliances-television, computer, radio, fan, pressing iron.
- Operating machinery and public transportation systems.
STRATEGIES AND ACTIVITIES
The Teacher revises the previous week lesson.
The Teacher introduces the new topic.
The Teacher explains the note in details.
The Teacher gives room for pupils to ask questions.
The Teacher evaluates the pupils.
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
- Explain how electricity travels from one point to another
- Group materials into conductor and non conductor
- State the uses of electricity.
Now complete the following sentences. Use these words:
Metals, non-metals, conductors, non-conductors.
1. Metals are usually ____________________ of electricity.
2. ______________ are usually non-conductors of electricity.
3. Non-metals are usually _________________ of electricity.
4. _________________ are usually conductors of electricity.
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate