Factors Influencing Atmospheric Pressure
- Pressure decreases with increase in altitude because the column of air becomes shorter hence it exerts less weight.
- When air is heated it expands and exerts pressure over a large area resulting in reduced pressure.
- When it’s cooled it contracts and exerts pressure over a small area resulting in increased pressure.
- Rotation of the earth
- Rotation pushes air masses from poles towards the equator causing air to spread out and occupy more space causing it to expand making pressure to decrease.
- When air from the equator moves towards the poles it occupies less space causing it to contract resulting into high pressure.
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate