Factors Influencing Atmospheric Pressure
- Pressure decreases with increase in altitude because the column of air becomes shorter hence it exerts less weight.
- When air is heated it expands and exerts pressure over a large area resulting in reduced pressure.
- When it’s cooled it contracts and exerts pressure over a small area resulting in increased pressure.
- Rotation of the earth
- Rotation pushes air masses from poles towards the equator causing air to spread out and occupy more space causing it to expand making pressure to decrease.
- When air from the equator moves towards the poles it occupies less space causing it to contract resulting into high pressure.
Do You Like Our Lesson? Please Leave A Comment Below ↓