Factors Influencing Atmospheric Pressure
- Pressure decreases with increase in altitude because the column of air becomes shorter hence it exerts less weight.
- When air is heated it expands and exerts pressure over a large area resulting in reduced pressure.
- When it’s cooled it contracts and exerts pressure over a small area resulting in increased pressure.
- Rotation of the earth
- Rotation pushes air masses from poles towards the equator causing air to spread out and occupy more space causing it to expand making pressure to decrease.
- When air from the equator moves towards the poles it occupies less space causing it to contract resulting into high pressure.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other eLearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate