HOW ANSWERING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS.
Comprehension means understanding.
Useful hints on answering comprehension questions.
- Read the passage carefully and quickly to get what it is all about.
- Read the questions that follow it.
- Read the passage all over again, this time jotting down points that will help you to answer the questions.
- Write out your answers in clear, correct English
- Read over your answers to ensure that there are no mistakes.
Note: In the process of answering comprehension questions, you are advised to obey the instructions to the letter.
No information which is not required should be given.
Never give two answers where one is demanded.
When replacing a word in the passage, test your equivalent in the passage to see if the original meaning of the passage or sentence has been retained.
Other hints are:
- If you are told to give a one-word answer, do not give more than one word. Or if a question demands that you write sentences, do not write phrases or clauses.
- Be very conscious of time so that you do not use more than the time allotted to this section. You should also be careful not to rush over the exercise.
- No information which is not required should be given. Keep your personal opinion to yourself.
- Never give two answers where one is demanded. This would suggest guesswork, and if one of the answers is wrong, no credit will be earned even for the correct one.
Lastly, make sure that you understand what precisely the passage is about and what you are required to do.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other eLearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate