Both tobacco and alcohol are defined as drugs but they are different and similar in some ways. They are similar because they are harmful to the body when abused and they make people to be addicted to it. While they are different is because a little alcohol can be good for the health of the heart of an adults but tobacco is not good for our health instead it causes lungs cancer, loss of energy.
MEANING OF ALCOHOL
Alcohol is a colourless, volatile flammable liquid like the intoxicating constituent of wine, bear and spirit. It is also called ETHANOL.
TYPES OF ALCOHOL
- Beer: larger beer (Star, Gulder) and Ale (bitter ale, abbey ale).
- Wine: red wine, white wine, rose wine, Champagne.
- Spirit: gin, Vodka, Tequila.
TYPES OF TOBACCO
- Aromatic fire –cured smoking tobacco
- bright leaf tobacco
- burley tobacco
- Criollo tobacco
- oriental tobacco
REASONS WHY PEOPLE DRINK OR SMOKE
Some of the reasons people drink or smoke are:
- Social influence
- Influence of bad friends
- To feel relaxed
- To cope with stress
- Family background
- Weather condition
STRATEGIES AND ACTIVITIES
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Teacher welcomes pupils questions
- Teacher evaluates the pupils
- What is the meaning of alcohol?
- Mention three different types of alcoholic drink and tobacco
- Mention three reasons why people smoke and drink